CDP Turkey 2016 - Climate Change Training
Welcoming and Breakfast: 09.00 – 09.30
Session 1: 09.30 – 11.00
• 09:30- 9:35 Agenda setting
• 09:35- 9:55 Introduction to CDP
o Topic to include who are CDP, CDP’s strategy, the benefits of disclosing, and what CDP has achieved so far
• 9:55 - 10:15 Business impacts of climate change
o Participants will learn about the impacts of climate change on business and why investors are requesting climate change information.
• 10:15-10:35 Overview of climate change questionnaire
o Participants will receive step by step information on what information is required in each section of the questionnaire.
• 10:35-11:00 Basics of GHG accounting
o Participants will learn about the initial steps they should undertake to complete a greenhouse gas inventory, such as setting boundaries and understanding what are Scope 1, Scope 2, and Scope 3 emissions.
Coffee Break: 15.30 – 15.45
Session 2: 11.15 – 12.45
• 11:15-11:35 Changes to the climate change questionnaire in 2016
o Participants will learn about what has changed in the climate change questionnaire in 2016. Covering: Scope 2, low carbon products, renewable energy, and science-based targets.
• 11:35-12:00 Scoring overview and changes to the way scores are communicated
o Topic will show how the climate change scoring has moved from a disclosure/performance score to a four level approach covering disclosure, awareness, management, and leadership
• 12:00- 12:15 Renewables space
o Participants will learn in more depth about changes to Scope 2 and renewable energy accounting.
• 12:15-12:45 Q&A and discussion
• What are the key climate change issues in Turkey, and how do they affect your company?
• How do we increase our proportion of renewable energy while meeting rising energy demands?
• Can companies work together to adapt to impacts of climate change in Turkey?
• How can we support stronger policy development in Turkey?
Please click here
to reach training presentation.