CDP’s new supply chain report, Engaging the chain: driving speed and scale, analyzes environmental data disclosed through CDP in 2021 from 11,400+ corporate suppliers. According to the report:
- 56% of suppliers did not have any climate targets in 2021.
- Just 1 in every 40 suppliers have approved science-based targets.
- Progress is being made on direct environmental impacts with 71% of suppliers reporting reductions in their Scope 1 and 2 emissions.
- However, action is not cascading down the supply chain; only 38%, 47% and 16% of reporting companies are engaging with their suppliers on climate change, deforestation and water security, respectively.
- Over 200 major buyers worldwide with US$5.5 trillion in procurement spend requested 23,487 suppliers to disclose in 2021.
Click here to access CDP's supply chain report.